- American mortgage
- Bank mortgage
- Chase mortgage
- First mortgage
- Home mortgage
- Mortgage broker
- Mortgage brokers
- Mortgage calculator
- Mortgage company
- Mortgage complaints
- Mortgage interest
- Mortgage jobs
- Mortgage lenders
- Mortgage payment
- Mortgage rates
- Mortgage reviews
- Mortgage services
- Refinance mortgage
- Reverse mortgage
Best Mortgage Companies for 2017
NationStar Mortgage offers a variety of mortgage products to help consumers find the best mortgage match for their needs. Options include fixed-rate and adjustable loans, specialized loans for military members and luxury homebuyers and loans for refinancing.
- Packages for first-time homebuyers: NationStar pre-approves first-time homebuyers for loans. This pre-approval helps the buyers know what they can afford and directs their negotiation process.
- Customer support: Customers can call NationStar for a 10-minute loan consultation or submit an online loan request form.
- Helpful calculators: The NationStar website provides calculators to help consumers figure out how much they can borrow, how much they stand to save in taxes and if they would benefit from debt consolidation.
- Home equity cash out: The company provides home equity cash outs for homeowners who need to pay for a child's education or improve their property.
- Guidance: NationStar delivers no-nonsense help, competitive rates and a clear loan process.
- Best for those who aren't sure what their options are and those who prefer to begin the loan process online.
Amerisave Mortgage offers all mortgage products, including VA/military, USDA and nonconforming mortgages. Consumers apply online for loans, and upon approval they can download the documents and mail them to the company.
- Mortgage rate alerts: The company provides a sign up form for specialized, emailed mortgage rate alerts.
- One-minute mortgage loan quotes: Consumers can fill out an online form with their information, such as their loan type and credit score that allows them to receive a rate quote in one minute.
- Preapproval: Amerisave provides pre-approval for homebuyers to make the search process easier.
- In-house operations: The company processes, underwrites, closes and funds all of its loans in-house to help ensure fair prices and smooth operations.
- Customer support: Consumers are able to fill out a form online and the next available agent will call them.
- Best for those who need atypical loans and those who prefer the loan process through the mail or online.
Jersey Mortgage Company offers mortgage loans in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and Connecticut. The company provides a variety of mortgage products, including VA and FHA loans as well as customized loans to meet most borrowers needs.
- In-house processing: Jersey Mortgage processes its loans in one of its three New Jersey offices instead of outsourcing the work. Because the company closes loans with its own funds and make loans directly to borrowers, it has greater control over the rates and fees charged than online brokers.
- Informational resources: The company's website features guides for homebuyers and people who are refinancing. It also includes many financial calculators to help consumers calculate how large of a mortgage they can afford, how much they can save by buying versus renting and more.
- Simple to start: Consumers fill out a short form online to have a loan officer contact them or set up a meeting at one of several branch locations. Those who would prefer to contact a branch office directly can easily find the phone numbers on Jersey Mortgage’s website.
- LendRIGHT Seal of Excellence: Jersey Mortgage has the LendRIGHT™ seal of excellence, a designation that shows they value relationships, information, guidance, honesty and trust (creating the acronym RIGHT). Only lenders who meet specific criteria can use the LendRIGHT seal.
- Assistance for first-time homebuyers: Jersey Mortgage helps people who haven't bought a home in the past three years get down payment assistance from the state of New Jersey through the First Time Home Buyer Program.
- Best for people who need loan customization, those who want in-person attention and first-time homebuyers.
LendingTree is an online broker that allows personal and business consumers to request and compare customized loan offers from a network of more than 350 lenders, banks and credit partners. The company's lender network offers a wide range of financial products including mortgages.
- Simple online application: LendingTree allows potential borrowers to submit a single online request that is sent to multiple lenders for evaluation. The form is simple to complete and does not require any detailed financial information.
- Instant quotes: Qualified applicants receive personalized loan offers in minutes. All consumers can visit LendingTree to see customized interest rates by filling out a short form that does not require any personal information.
- No credit score impact: Consumers can request quotes and evaluate their loan options without affecting their credit score.
- Free, no-obligation quotes: LendingTree provides free, no-obligation quotes and lenders do not require consumers to pay any upfront fees to guarantee or insure loan offers. Interested consumers can compare quotes to find the best offer for their situation.
- Tools and resources: LendingTree offers online tools and resources to help consumers manage their finances and make informed financial decisions. Consumers can even get their credit score for free on LendingTree’s website.
- Best for individuals who want to compare loan offers from multiple lenders and those who want to learn more about the homebuying process.
Ocwen Loan Servicing was founded in 1988 and is one of the largest mortgage companies in America with over 9,000 employees. The company provides lending solutions including home loans, investment property loans and reverse mortgages to residential and commercial customers.
- Online application: Interested borrowers can submit a simple form online to get started finding the right loan for their needs. Once they’ve found the right loan and applied, they can check their application status online.
- Homeowner resources: Ocwen’s website has several resources for homeowners and homebuyers to explore including a convenient mortgage rate comparison table that allows consumers to determine which type of mortgage will work best for them.
- Free mortgage assistance solutions: Ocwen has several options for homeowners to consider instead of foreclosure if they are unable to afford to stay in their homes. These options include help with listing a property for sale, transferring the deed to the property in exchange for debt forgiveness and settling debt through foreclosure alternatives.
- REO property listings: Ocwen’s website includes listings of their REO (Real Estate Owned) properties. Interested buyers simply input their desired area code to find and bid on homes for sale in that area.
- Commercial mortgages: Ocwen has over 20 years of experience managing performing and non-performing mortgage loans for commercial clients. Their commercial mortgage services include default management and small balance portfolio management.
- Best for first-time homebuyers, real estate investors and homeowners looking for mortgage solutions to save money on their current home.
Caliber Home Loans emerged in 2013 after being in business as two separate entities, Caliber Funding and Vericrest Financial. They offer consumers assistance with home loans, home buying and refinancing.
- National support: Caliber Home Loans, Inc. has branches across the United States, so you can get help with your home loan from a local loan consultant who understands the market in your state.
- Range of loan products: Caliber Home Loans, Inc. has a range of loan products available for their customers, including FHA loans, Veteran loans, conventional loans and more.
- Resources for homebuyers: There are a lot of steps involved in buying a home, and Caliber Home Loans, Inc. has step-by-step guides to help you navigate the processes of pre-qualifying, financing, paying for insurance
and understanding closing costs.
- Send away for more information: Submit a short form on Caliber’s website to receive free information on their mortgage programs to help you make a decision about buying or refinancing your home.
- Quick and upfront mortgage approvals: Caliber Home Loans, Inc. offers consumers quick and upfront mortgage approvals, so you will know shortly after applying for a loan whether or not you qualify. This can help you plan for your home buying or home building.
- Fresh Start: Caliber’s Fresh Start program is designed to help homeowners who have previously experienced a foreclosure, bankruptcy or other credit setback to get a home loan ranging from $150,000 to $1 million.
- Best for homebuyers and home builders.
First Internet Bank is an online bank that offers a full line of banking services, including mortgages. It was established in 1999 and is headquartered in Indiana. The bank does not have any branch locations, but it operates in all 50 states.
- Online application: Interested consumers complete their entire application for First Internet Bank online. They can get pre-qualified online too.
- Rate Watch: Those looking for a competitive interest rate can set up Rate Watch on First Internet Bank’s website. They will receive an email notification when rates reach their specified point, or they can sign up to regularly receive rate updates.
- Mortgage types: First Internet Bank offers several types of mortgages to meet consumers’ needs. Options include fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, USDA Rural Development loans, HARP loans and jumbo mortgages.
- Contact: Applicants can reach the bank’s mortgage loan officers by phone during extended business hours on weekdays and from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Saturdays. The website also clearly lists loan officers’ email addresses.
- Blog: All consumers can visit First Internet Bank’s blog to read helpful financial and banking articles. They also post about home buying and mortgages.
- Best for those comfortable doing all their banking online.
ClearPath Lending is a privately owned mortgage lender that offers options for homebuyers and homeowners looking to get a new mortgage or refinance their existing mortgage. They are based in California, and they are licensed to lend in 15 states across the country.
- Today’s rates: Use ClearPath’s online wizard to find out the rates on homes in your desired location. Specify your situation, estimated home price, estimated credit score and monthly income to receive a free and fast quote with the most up-to-date interest rates.
- Loan options: Choose from ClearPath’s loan options, including 30-year fixed mortgage, 15-year fixed mortgage and adjustable rate mortgage (ARM). Learn more about each type of mortgage on ClearPath’s website, and talk to a representative to determine which one is best for you.
- Refinance analysis: Find out if you can save money on your monthly mortgage payments by refinancing when you fill out ClearPath’s online refinance wizard.
- Apply online: ClearPath’s online application makes it simple to apply for a new or refinanced mortgage. Once your completed application has been received, a representative from ClearPath will contact you to guide you through the rest of the lending process and help you choose the best program and interest rate available based on your current situation.
- Free 60-second mortgage approval: Homebuyers who need an approval letter can get one fast and free by filling out a short form on ClearPath’s website. This pre-approval letter will indicate how much you can afford to spend and what interest rates you can be approved for.
- Best for first-time homebuyers who need a mortgage and homeowners looking to refinance their current mortgage to save money on their monthly payments.
J.G. Wentworth offers a variety of financial services, including home loans. It is licensed to offer mortgage products in 40 states.
- Financing options: J.G. Wentworth offers conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans to qualifying applicants. The company offers both fixed and adjustable rate loans and HARP loans for refinancing. The company is a direct mortgage lender.
- Online quote: Interested homebuyers can fill out a short form online to receive a quote for their home loan. The form does not require any personal financial information.
- Calculator: The J.G. Wentworth website features a mortgage calculator to help consumers estimate how much their monthly payment might be. The calculator breaks the payment down showing how much will go to principal, taxes and insurance.
- Live chat: Interested consumers can chat with a company representative on the J.G. Wentworth website. Consumers don’t need to provide anything other than their e-mail address to chat with a representative.
- Best for homebuyers, homeowners who want to refinance and real estate investors.
Network Capital Funding offers mortgage programs for first-time homeowners, experienced buyers and wealthy customers alike. It operates in many U.S. states, including California, Texas, Virginia, Illinois and Florida.
- Best for residents of a state Network Capital serves, people who want to avoid fees, consumers who know their mortgage goals and people with good credit scores.
VARateLock.com is an Arizona based mortgage service that helps qualified former or active military borrowers find VA approved loans or home mortgages. The company seeks to match military customers with lenders who can assist with filling out mortgage applications and obtaining a home mortgage.
- Active or retired military: The company serves customers who are active military members or retired in the VA, so it is a good choice for anyone who formerly served or currently serves in the military.
- Approved network: VARateLock.com only works with lenders who are approved by the VA.
- Customer service: While the primary focus is with online service, the company also offers personalized customer service options through the telephone or a direct email connection.
- Simple online application: To find a loan, customers have to fill out their information on a straightforward online form, making the company's process simple and easy to initiate.
- MBA member: The company is certified as a member in good standing of the Mortgage Bankers Association, which means it is a reputable organization with knowledgeable staff and online assistants.
- Best for current military members and former military members.
Founded in 2005, Guide To Lenders provides customers free mortgage quotes from a wide network of mortgage lenders. The company also offers valuable information and educational guides for customers about home financing.
- Huge lender network: The company has a network of over 150 lenders and it gives customers access to a large amount of potential mortgages from which to choose.
- Free credit score: Guide to Lenders offers customers who use their services free credit score reports during the process.
- Educational guides: The company has educational materials, on subjects including taking out a mortgage, a glossary of common mortgage terms and basic information about the process of taking out a home loan.
- Short quote process: After customers fill out a brief form, they quickly receive a selection of five mortgage quotes.
- Multiple contact avenues: Customers of the company who want to get in touch or need support can contact representatives through multiple avenues, including social media pages like Google Plus, Facebook, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Best for people planning to purchase a home and homeowners looking to refinance their home.
Category: American mortgage