- American mortgage
- Bank mortgage
- Chase mortgage
- First mortgage
- Home mortgage
- Mortgage broker
- Mortgage brokers
- Mortgage calculator
- Mortgage company
- Mortgage complaints
- Mortgage interest
- Mortgage jobs
- Mortgage lenders
- Mortgage payment
- Mortgage rates
- Mortgage reviews
- Mortgage services
- Refinance mortgage
- Reverse mortgage
Founded in 1998 as an Internet-based, consumer direct lender, AimLoan originates home loans in all 50 states from a single location in San Diego. We are financially strong and well-established, funding $2 billion per year, with a retained mortgage servicing portfolio of $6 billion and a loyal customer base.
The Compliance Officer is an important part of the leadership team. The position is responsible for maintaining our good standing with government regulators and secondary market investors by ensuring compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations, investor guidelines, and company policies and procedures.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION PACKAGE
- · Competitive salary based upon experience
- · 85% employer-paid medical and dental coverage
- · 401(k) with 6% company match
- · 15 days PTO, plus major holidays
SERVANT LEADERSHIP STYLE
As a member of the leadership team, the Compliance Officer must believe in and practice the AimLoan leadership philosophy which can best be described as “Servant Leadership.” This leadership style acknowledges the importance of every Associate to our company’s success. The following are characteristics of a servant leader:
- · A sincere desire to serve, rather than to be served. Obtains genuine happiness by helping others.
- · Empowers staff. Values their potential and achievements and promotes their interests before self interests.
- · Sees and treats Associates as a team that makes decisions with shared information and works together to accomplish goals.
- · Maintains open and effective communication channels, including regular meetings and dissemination of pertinent information. Encourages input and feedback and shares credit for the results.
- · Uses moral and ethical principles in the decision making process. Makes decisions openly and in consultation with others.
- · An active listener and communicator. Seeks to understand the perspective of others before making decisions that will affect others.
- · Welcomes evaluations from others as a means to improve performance.
- · Leads by example.
- · Monitor NMLS site to ensure company and loan officers are properly licensed and all regulatory requirements are met. Conduct pre-licensing meetings with LOs as they are authorized to become licensed in various states, coordinating CE and licensing requirements. Coordinate annual renewals of company and LO licenses, including scheduling CE and reviewing and renewing surety bonds to meet state requirements based on loan volumes.
- · Primary contact for regulatory exams. Coordinate the gathering of documentation requested by examiners. Participate in meeting during exam process. Draft responses to reports of exam, with input from department managers. Ensure agreed upon corrective actions are implemented and perform subsequent internal audits to ensure corrective actions are maintained.
- · Coordinate QC process (in-house pre-funding and outsourced post-funding), including submitting monthly production data to the vendor, validating or disputing the results of the review, preparing summary reports to management, and ensuring implementation of agreed upon recommendations.
- · Conduct, at least quarterly, the edit check process for the company’s required HMDA reporting and ensure the data is error free prior to the annual filing deadline of March 1. Prepare quarterly fair lending analysis to monitor company’s compliance with fair lending regulations.
Serve on Compliance Committee. Draft minutes of the monthly meetings.
- · Serve as Information Security Officer, coordinating and ensuring compliance with the Privacy and Information Security Plan to minimize the risk that customer and company data is compromised. Prepare and present annual report to the Compliance Committee.
- · Conduct AML/SAR and GLB training at monthly new hire orientation and annually thereafter. Review PSAR filings and submit SAR filings to FINCEN as appropriate. Coordinate workplace harassment prevention training for leadership team every two years.
- Ensure adequacy and effectiveness of Disaster Recovery Plan. Ensure plan elements are being carried out, including regular testing of the backup of critical data. Prepare and present annual report to the Compliance Committee.
- Review vendor contracts and controls (counter-party risk) surrounding services performed by third parties. Monitor viability of vendors and prepare and present annual report to the Compliance Committee.
- Review and attest to various compliance-related areas, including the quarterly MERS attestation.
- Oversee other tasks performed by the compliance team, including: preparing investor, MI company and legal document requests; and auditing of files once final docs milestone is completed.
- · Maintain complete and up to date policies and procedures and training manuals for compliance department. Ensure all department managers review and update policies and procedures on an ongoing basis, with a complete review and update at least annually. Ensure staff reads and acknowledges P&Ps related to their position, as well as Associate Handbook, Code of Ethics and Information Security Agreement annually.
- · Maintain open and effective communication channels within department and between departments, including regular scheduled meetings and dissemination of pertinent information.
- Encourage a spirit of continuous improvement, soliciting new ideas and facilitating their timely consideration and implementation. Emphasize operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in the strategic and operational planning process along with the president, leadership team and staff. Complete agreed-upon action items in a timely manner.
- Unquestionable integrity and a genuine desire to help others.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years experience in banking or mortgage regulatory compliance.
- Ability to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Self motivated and self sufficient in approach to work.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task; close attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and effective relationships with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. A good listener. Articulate. Ability to effectively present information, write reports, correspondence, and policy and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to managers, staff, regulators and customers.
- Believer in systems and continuous improvement. Ability to design and implement efficient and effective processes.
- Strong work ethic. Ability to work significant overtime as required.
If you share our core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Communication, Service and Continuous Improvement, we want you to join our company. Background checks are conducted, including a review of your credit history. We are a drug free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website atwww.aimloan.comto learn more about our company and business model.Requirements
See job description.
Category: American mortgage